Would you like to have beautiful white teeth? Or a solution for cracks between your teeth? Or would you like to have multiple broken teeth repaired? With help from dental facings, our dentists can refresh and improve your smile.
What are dental facings?
You’d like to have beautiful white teeth? Or would you like a solution for cracks between your teeth? Or would you like to have multiple broken teeth repaired? With help from facings, our dentists can refresh and improve your smile.
Why should I have my facings placed
by Lassus Tandartsen?
- We use high quality and sustainable facings
- We can place composite facings in a single appointment
- The treatment can be carried out painlessly
- Decide together with a specialist the new color of the facings
- Flexible opening times
In our modern dental practice in Oisterwijk, you can make an appointment with a specialist to discuss your dental facing needs.
The differences between composite and porcelain dental facings
There are two types of facings: composite and porcelain. With both, the principle is the same. Shells are placed over the teeth. There’s a large difference between the type of materials that are used for facings.
- Relatively cheap in comparison with porcelain facings
- Can be placed in a single appointment
- Discoloring occurs faster than with porcelain
- A shorter usage lifespan than with porcelain facings
- Facings made from porcelain don’t discolor
- The specialist can work with multiple shades of color
- They last longer
- Low maintenance
- Facings made from porcelain are significantly more expensive than those from composite
- Multiple treatments necessary
How long do facings last?
We estimate that a facing can last roughly from five to ten years. This, of course, depends on your lifestyle and drinking habits. If for example you smoke a lot and drink a lot of coffee then there’s a chance that your facings won’t remain looking good for a long time. It’s also possible that your facings could be damaged if for example you regularly grind your teeth or bite your nails.
Can I eat everything with facings?
After the treatment, it’s possible to eat and chew normally. Be careful not to bit hard things such as nuts, raw carrots or nails. Also, we advise you not to tear food apart with your teeth such as French bread.
Is the placing of facings painful?
The placing of facings is not painful. If teeth enamel needs to be filed down from your natural teeth, then this doesn’t go as deep as for example the drilling into a tooth. You shouldn’t experience any pain from this at all.
The costs of the placing of facings
|Facing composite||€ 150-160 per tooth/molar|
|Facing porcelain||€ 700-900 per tooth/molar|